Monday, March 14, 2011

Insomniaaaaaaa

The "What to Expect When You're Expecting" web site is a mind reader. Every time I get an email from them, telling me what I may be experiencing, I am experiencing just that. So it was no surprise when at 3:28 am last night I look at my blackberry and see an email from them entitld "Insomnia". According to the site, 75% of women experience insomnia in their third trimester. Lucky me for being one of them.

We got in to bed relatively early last night....Sunday nights Billy likes to get in bed early so he is well rested for the beginning of the week. So we usually lay down about 8 or 9 and watch TV for an hour or 2 in bed instead of in the living room. So last night by the time we settled in it was a little after 8. And as I said before, at 3:28 am I was still up. I had maybe an hour or 2 max of total sleep in between those 8 hours of being in bed. I watched 9,000 TV shows, went on facebook, ate an apple, tried just laying in the dark with the TV and everything off. Nothing. And then when I did fall asleep, I was up to go to the bathroom very soon after. I think I finally fell asleep a little after that 3:28 am email...and then Billy's alarm went off at 4:30. I was up for a few minutes then and then fell back asleep til he left for work around 7. Now at this point I can get up and start my day, but I am so exhausted from lack of sleep that I tell myself just another hour or 2 more and then I'll get up. Fast forward to 11:30 and I'm still laying in bed. I sleep so late in the morning because of the no sleep at night....and then obviously cant sleep again at night. It's a vicious cycle that I cannot break.

It's gonna be awhile before I get a solid, comfortable night's sleep ever again. Thank god I'm not working though. I don't know how I'd function at a job with this type of schedule.

1 comment:

  1. I used to say the same exact thing about the "What to Expect" e-mails! Every morning I would read the e-mail in bed, and it was right on target.

    Don't worry about breaking the schedule you're on now...it's all going to hell in less than 2 months!

    ReplyDelete