Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The countdown is on.

As if it hasn't been in MY mind for months now anyway....but now we really are steadily approaching D-Day and boy am I nervous. Not so much for the actual L&D (labor and delivery), but more for the not knowing WHEN it will happen. I hate surprises.

Speaking of hating surprises, my baby shower was last week. I clearly knew about it, because of said hatred for surprises, added to the fact that, if you ask my sister, I am a control freak, PLUS the fact that my mother couldn't handle the responsibility of throwing a party on her own if her life depended on it. So I was happy to help plan it/plan the whole thing lol.

Baby William got SO MUCH STUFF I cant even believe it. I started opening presents at 2:30 and didn't finish until the shower ended at 4:30. I kept hoping it was over because I was just getting so exhausted from opening all the gifts!! But we are very lucky to have such amazing family and friends who love us and our little Prince so much!!!

We managed to take much of the gifts home, and whatever we didnt need right away, my wonderful Aunt Barbara took to store in her garage, thank God. It's been a little over a week and I feel like I've done a pretty good job of organizing and straightening it all up. I sorted all his clothes into bins by month, and anything 6 months and up is packed away. I cleared out my night stand and part of my closet in those drawers/space I have all of his newborn and 0 to 3 month clothing. I put all of his handmade quilts and blankets in a bin. All of his books (over 60 at least...I lost count as I was packing) in another bin. All of his bath time paraphernalia...towels, washcloths, robes, etc...in another bin. I have one bin left to really sort out. Right now it just says "Toys & Wishing Well"...so its basically some stuffed animals and odds and ends that dont really have a place now. All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about the level of organization going on in our apartment right now. But I'm sure this won't last very long.

I will say though that being pregnant is great. You get treated so much better than when you're not pregnant. Saturday was our 1 year wedding anniversary. We went out to dinner in the city and to a broadway show (Wonderland). Dinner, in which I ordered a $99 lobster....probably the ONLY time in my life I will EVER do that, ran a little long and we left the restaurant with about 10 minutes to get to the theater. But being 8 months pregnant, my fat little legs could only waddle so fast through Times Square, so we go to the theater about 5 minutes into the show. As such, they couldnt seat us until there was a lull in the stage action. I would have been fine if we didnt just rush from dinner to the theater, but since we did, I was feeling out of breath and really needed to sit down, so Billy told an usher. They pulled a chair (someones seat...who wasnt yet seated) from the aisle and let me sit there. But then the person who's seat it was showed up and wanted to sit down. So the owner of the theater told the usher I had to get up. The usher told him I was pregnant, and he was all "oh stay, stay stay." And I dont know what they did, but I guess they sat that person somewhere else because stay I did. Then when they did seat us a few minutes later, the usher held my arm and lead me down the stairs like I was 80 years old. Meanwhile she was probably like 70 herself. She was so sweet though, and as the show is going on, she's asking me if it's my first, if I have a name picked, etc. Apparently she had all boys because she couldnt carry girls, and her 2nd husband's name is William. LOL....

But now back to the countdown. Depending on who you ask, I am due either May 3rd or May 6th. My OBGYN originally said the 3rd. But I knew it was the 6th. Somewhere along the line, they changed their files to say the 6th, but apparently not before I went for my ultrasound in December, because THEY have on file as May 3rd for my due date. But for argument's sake, since it IS just an estimate after all, let's say May 6th.

If that's the case, I am due in 39 days. That does not necessarily mean I will have a BABY in 39 days. He could be hear as early as April 15th (37 weeks) or as late as May 20th (42 weeks). So that puts us anywhere between 17 to 53 days.

SEVENTEEN DAYS????? I can't even imagine it!!!!!!! Even if it is 53 days, it will be here so fast.....

I have a lot on my mind right now about breastfeeding too. I may write another post about it, but most of my readers (hi Lauren & Aimee!) heard all about my worries via FB today, so I'll save them the reading.

I guess that's all for now....

3 comments:

  1. hahahah love the shoutout! Haaiiii. And yes you do get treated immensely better when pregnant. In Nintendo World I had to pee so bad. One employee told me the restroom was only for employees. Another one saw my face, and saw my belly and ushered me back to their restroom. Oh yeahh totally worth the cankles and breathlessness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I fully intended on writing a blog post about breastfeeding. I intended on writing a lot of different blog posts lol. Maybe I'll just copy and paste my messages to you and make it my post lol. By the way, I thought the earliest Ryan could be here was January 6th :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh girl, if you want to discuss or vent about breastfeeding I am always hear to listen!! I've had issues/problems with it, and heard both good support and criticism for what I did or didn't do! I will tell it to you straight and be supportive of anything you do!!

    ReplyDelete