Friday, March 11, 2011

Home stretch

It's been about a month since I posted. I kept meaning to, but couldnt find the time, which is odd since I am not working and still cant get everything done in a day that I want to. I dont know what I did when I worked 40 hours a week.

So I am into my 33rd week today. In reality, we could have a (full-term) baby anytime from 4 weeks from now until 9 weeks from now. Both options sound way too soon lol. I am so excited for May 6th (give or take) to come, but so nervous at the same time and definitely NOT looking forward to the actual labor part of it, lol.

At our childbirth class on Tuesday, they gave us a tour of the L&D rooms, the postpartum rooms I'd be staying in and then we went to the nursery. We happen to be there just as 2 new babies were born. One was about 45 minutes to an hour old, and the other just was a few hours old. They were so tiny and adorable and it made me want my little guy even sooner!! (But not too soon William...stay in there til you're done cooking!)

In other news, my doctor has said at my last 2 visits that I (meaning my uterus) am bigger than I should be at this point, by about a few weeks. She said it could be that he is just a big baby or that I am retaining a lot of water (which I am) and that it probably isnt anything major. I am going for an ultrasound on the 24th just to see what's going on. But at least it explains why I feel like such a cow lately lol.

Sleep has been a nightmare. Cant get comfortable at all. When I do, it lasts about an hour and I'm up again. Either he's kicking, I have to pee, etc....this past week Billy didnt sleep with his apnea machine which made it a million times worse for me to sleep, too. Just a bad week for sleep lol.

My baby shower is next week.(Yes I know about it. I'm basically planning the whole thing. By choice though, I love this stuff...www.facebook.com/eldplanning or www.eldplanning.com). Can't believe it's already here. Have no idea what we are going to do with all the gifts, but we'll find a way haha.

Oh and today's my BIRTHDAY! The big 2-6. Last year at this time I was a few weeks away from getting married and now this year I am a few weeks away from being a mom. So weird how things can change so much in a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment