Monday, January 31, 2011

Third Trimester!

Friday, January 28th, marked the beginning of my third trimester. Time really does fly. Ever since I started college I feel it just keeps going faster and faster, and these past six months have been the fastest by far. I remember about 3 or 4 months ago thinking the 6 to 7 months I had left would go on forever. Almost half a year left of being pregnant! Now, it's 3 short months that will be over before I can blink.

So to commemorate the beginning of the last trimester...a survey.

How far along? 26w3d

Total weight gain/loss: Ugh. About 30 lbs since August. But it really must be all in my stomach because I dont see it anywhere else!

Maternity clothes? A few things. Jeans obviously....my mother in law bought me a track suit for Christmas and my sister in law Nicole bought me leggins and a top...I purchased a few tops but really only wore them a handful of times. I am home every day and not working so most days I can get away with sweats and a sweatshirt or tshirt. Really hate to spend all that money on clothes when hardly anyone sees me all day long lol.

Stretch marks? Still no. Good.

Sleep: Better in the past few weeks....got a body pillow which has helped a lot. And to be honest, when my back hurts and I need to lay on it, I do. The doctor said try not to, but she also said if I end up on my back it's not a huge problem. My grandmother slept on her back while she was pregnant (didnt know not to then) and said I would be fine too. For some reason I trust her opinion and "medical" advice even more than the doctor lol. She didnt get to 72 years old for nothing.

Best moment this week: I think it was last week, but felt hiccups for the first time...January 24th!

Movement: Constant! He is up all morning, all night....wakes me up at 4 am....some are hard enough that you see the movement on my belly...really amazing.

Food cravings: Still nothing consistent...but I'm eating like a cow. I'm ALWAYS hungry!!!

Gender: Baby Boy William :)

Labor Signs: Negative.

Belly Button in or out? Oh it's on its way out, unfortunately.

Wedding rings on or off? Just took them off this weekend. Wearing them on a chain around my neck for now.

What I miss: Wine. Big time.

What I am looking forward to: Our 4D ultrasound next weekend!

Weekly Wisdom: I think you have to take what you read and what doctors say with a grain of salt. Yes they are the professionals but think of how our mothers and grandmothers went through the same things with half as much of the worry that they give us today. I think everything in moderation wont harm the baby. Go with your instinct and listen to the advice of the older women in your family just as much as you listen to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment