Friday, September 24, 2010

Second Doctor's Visit: The Recap

So I had my second visit last night. Not too much new to report. They did another sonogram, which I will scan and post later. I basically just asked Dr. Generelli some questions and she asked me some, to make sure everything was going ok. I told her how I've been so nauseous and tired lately.

She basically told me pregnancy sucks the first trimester (due to said nausea and fatigue), it's GREAT the second trimester, and it's backing to sucking again the last three months because you are big and uncomfortable and just ready to deliver.

Greeeeaaat!! At least I will have a few enjoyable months to look forward to lol. I am glad the second trimester will be around the holidays so I can enjoy all the goodness that goes with Thanksgiving and Christmas and not be throwing it all up! It's the little things in life.

I go back in another two weeks. After that I will go once a month until I am 28 weeks (which will be around February. At that point I will be going every week until the due date.

Another few months and we can find out the sex. I am hoping we are able to. Dr. Generelli said sex is not one of the things they HAVE to look for, i.e., if they can't tell, if the baby is positioned in such a way that they can't see, well...then oh well for us. I am hoping that is not the case because I am dying to know if it will be a William or a Wilma. (JK -- we will not name the baby Wilma if it a girl).

Also -- in between my bouts of nausea, I've had crazy cravings for fast food. Pizza, fried rice, McDonalds, 5 Guys. Even WHEN I'm nauseous, it seems to be the only thing that can settle my stomach. How weird is that. This baby is gonna make me fat!! My inner Weight Watcher cringes at the thought of all these empty calories!! But at least I am eating I guess!

Ok friends, that's all for now...stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. That really is a good thing that your second tri will be during the holidays so you can enjoy them! I definitely found what your Dr. said to be true, aside from the first couple weeks of it (since my m/s showed up so late) I have felt really good during second tri.

    I am learning from you too already, I wasn't sure when they start having you come in every week as opposed to monthly.

    If you don't end up being able to find out the sex at your anatomy scan you can go to one of those 3D ultrasound places, they have packages that are just for sex determination. I can't wait until he/she is born to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I just have to put a little plug in for not finding out. With Olivia, didn't find out until she was born. The anticipation made labor all the more exciting. I mean it's exciting no matter what, but that moment of the doctor holding the baby up and asking Aaron, "What do we have daddy?" And Aaron looking at our baby for the first time, then looking at me with the happiest face ever, telling me it's a girl, a beautiful little girl... so amazing. With Abigail we found on the sonogram and while still fun, and able to prepare and all that... I will wait for every one after.

    But of course there are the pro's to finding out also, but if you can wait a few more months it's soooo worth it!

    Oh and with my fist the last trimester wasn't so bad. Keep active, like walking every day, I got a pregnancy workout dvd that I did every day. It really helped. Ahhh I'm still so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm just seeing these comments now!! I forget I gave anyone the link to this. Really just you two lol. I see your point Laur, but I just really want to know. I want a pink or blue baby shower, not yellow lol. This blog is being changed to pink or blue as soon as we find out lol. It's funny that you say that tho because just this weekend, my sister-in-law's brother had a baby and they waited and he said the EXACT opposite...that it was exciting but next time he wants to be more prepared lol. I guess to each his own!! I'm just too impatient :)

    ReplyDelete