Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First Post

Creative title, huh? I'm going to start this blog and see how long it lasts. I tend to start things with great intentions and then somehow let them fall by the wayside. I'm hoping this topic will be different ;)

So it has been about 8 weeks now since we found out I was pregnant. I first found out with a home pregnancy test (actually, three home pregnancy tests) -- and didn't truly believe the results until the bloodwork came back from the doctor. Even THEN, even when I had my first appointment scheduled with the OBGYN, I kept thinking "maybe the blood test came back wrong. Maybe the homes tests were false positives." Don't get me wrong -- not that I was unhappy or didn't WANT this...sure it was a huge shock....but I just didn't believe it was really real.

My first doctor's appointment was 2 weeks ago now, Thursday, September 9th. At that point I was only about 6 weeks along and they were able to do a sonogram. At that point it was no bigger than a blueberry. We were also able to see the heartbeat. We couldn't hear it just yet, but you could see the pulsating on the monitor.



That's when it started to feel real. That, and the constant nauseau I've been experiencing for the past 3 weeks. And the food aversions!! The mere THOUGHT of certain foods (asparagus, raw chicken cutlets, cooked chicken cutlets...) makes me want to toss my cookies. I haven't cooked dinner in 3 weeks because just being near certain foods is too much to take. Luckily Billy has been really great, fending for himself and making me food when I can stomach it. Even helping out around the apartment since most of my free time these days consists of throwing up or resting. I'm very lucky to have him :)

So who did we tell so far....mainly family and close friends. Still want to wait another few weeks before we tell EVERYONE and make it official. I'm not superstitious about the "waiting to tell people" but only a few more weeks so why not.

And YES, we will find out the sex when it's time. I don't even like the fact that I have to wait another 3 months, I can't imagine having to wait til May! I have a strong feeling of what it is, call it a mother's intuition lol, but I don't want to say anything until we know for sure.

So I think that basically sums it up for now. I have another doctor's appointment this Thursday (9/23) so we'll see what new developments I find out.

Til then!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you and can’t wait to meet Baby Savio!! Baby Lauder is excited that he’ll either get a buddy to play with or a girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete